IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO COLLECT ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, CLOSE THIS BROWSER WINDOW, DISCONNECT FROM THE GOZONE WIFI POWERED NETWORK AND DISABLE ANY WIFI-ENABLED DEVICES IF YOU ARE IN OR NEAR A GOZONE WIFI POWERED HOTSPOT VENUE.
You agree that all transactions relating to our Services shall be deemed to have occurred in the United States, where we currently have all our personnel and operations. Your information collected through the Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which GZ or our subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer. If you are a resident of the EU or the State of California, you are protected under the GDPR or the CCPA (respectively.)
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The laws of some jurisdictions such as the laws of the European Union require data controllers to tell you about the legal ground that they rely on for using, sharing, or disclosing of your information. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- With Your Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we use, share, or disclose information on the basis of your consent. For example, when you registered and consented to our Enhanced Wi-Fi, you consented to our use of your information for marketing purposes.
- Legitimate Interests: In many cases, we use, share, or disclose information on the ground that it furthers our legitimate business interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals, such as customer service, certain promotional activities, analyzing and improving our business, providing security for our Wi-Fi and Enhanced Wi-Fi, preventing fraud, and managing legal issues.
- Legal Compliance: We need to use, share, and disclose information in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
California Privacy Rights
This section applies to California, USA residents:
- Categories of collected personal information
You can see all categories of collected personal information listed in the section What Information We Collect.
- Sources from which the personal information is collected
You can find information about the sources of data in the section How Your Information is Collected by Us.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information
You can find all purposes of processing your personal information listed in the section How Your Information is Shared.
- Categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information
You can find all categories of recipients of personal information listed in the section How Your Information is Shared. GoZone WiFi does not sell (as such term is defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act) your personal information we collect (and will not sell it without providing a right to opt out). Please note that we do use third-party cookies for our advertising purposes as further described in this Policy.
You have the right to:
- know what personal information is being collected about you;
- know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom;
- say no to the sale of personal information (right to opt out);
- request deletion of your personal information; information will be deleted if no exception applies (including our right to defend our lawful interests);
- access your personal information; specific information shall be provided in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily usable format but not more than twice in a 12-month period;
- equal service and price, even if you exercise your privacy rights.
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, we are required to disclose to consumers the following information upon written request: (1) the categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties within the prior year, if that information was subsequently used for marketing purposes; and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties to whom such personal information was disclosed.
Right To Opt Out Of Sale
If your personal information is subject to a sale you have the right to opt-out from that sale through a link to a website which will be given to you at the moment of collection of personal information. We will respect your decision to opt out for at least 12 months before asking you again to authorize the sale of your personal information.
You can submit your requests using contacts indicated below or using the CCPA form linked in this section. If you are a California resident under the age of 18, you may be permitted to request the removal of certain content that you have posted on our websites. You can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf.
Links to Other Websites
We understand that Privacy Statements can often contain confusing terminology. To help you better understand our privacy practices, here is what we mean when we say:
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files created by a web server that are delivered through a web browser and stored on your computer or device. Cookies are used to identify your computer or device and record your preferences and other data so that the website can personalize your visit(s). There are several types of cookies. For example, many websites use their own cookies, called “first-party cookies,” to make their websites run more smoothly by doing things like keeping track of items in your shopping cart. Some websites also provide space for “third-party cookies,” which are placed on your browser by companies different from the company that runs the website you are visiting and may be used to remember parts of your online activities in order to deliver personalized ads or analyze web traffic.
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII): Information that directly identifies or reasonably can be used to figure out the identity of a user, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address. Personal information does not include information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user.
- Web Beacons: A small, transparent graphic image (also known as a tracking pixel) located on a web page or HTML email that is often used with a cookie. Web beacons are generally invisible because they are very small and the same color as the background of the Web page or email message.
- WiFi Probe Requests: All WiFi-enabled devices send out requests that contain information about your device. A probe request is a special frame sent by your device requesting information from either a specific access point, specified by SSID, or all access points in the area, specified with the broadcast SSID. The information being requested in a probe includes the supported data rates, which are also included in the beacon frames typically broadcast from an access point. If you do not want information to be sent from your device, you must disable WiFi before entering an area with tracking capability.
- How Your Information is Collected by Us
GoZone WiFi may collect information from you in several ways:
- If you call us, e-mail us or visit our website or website(s) powered by any of our platforms.
- If you visit our clients WiFi location powered by any of our platforms we may collect information on you and/or your device through WiFi Probe Requests, login forms or oAuth requests, surveys or questionnaires, by redirect from a captive portal system, or by comparing previous visits or logins.
- Automatically when you visit or interact with our website(s).
- Information that you’ve voluntarily shared or indirectly shared though supplying your e-mail, social or mobile phone information.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collects information about your device when you visit a GoZone powered Hotspot or website(s). For example, we may automatically collect information such as your device MAC address, dwell time, whether you are a new or returning guest, referring website(s), the login method you choose, the different areas of our website that you visit, and the date and time you accessed our website and your approximate location based on your IP address or geo-coordinates. GoZone WiFi uses technologies, including cookies and web beacons, and presence analytics-enable equipment that listen to WiFi Probe Requests to collect this type of information. In addition, we collect information that is available via third-party social media companies based on information that you disclose upon connecting.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Tracking Technologies
GoZone WiFi may use, or may engage third-parties on our behalf to use, cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies to collect information about you when you interact with our website(s), email or visit a venue with presence analytics tracking capabilities. These technologies allows us to:
- Supply analytical information to the location that you are visiting;
- Create aggregated views of location trends and statistics;
- Develop personalized programs, services, or content;
- Customize the information or services that are of interest to you on our website;
tailor our communications to you;
- Determine whether an email has been opened and links within the email have been clicked;
- Send customized marketing messages such as coupons, promotions, or announcements to you from the locations you’ve visited;
- Determine if a marketing message has been read;
- Determine is a voucher or coupon has been redeemed;
- Create features such as “Frequently Asked Questions”
Advertising & Analytics Services
Linking of MAC Address to Personally Identifiable Information.
You understand and agree that by supplying your e-mail address, mobile number or any other PII, you are permitting us to: a) store and access your Personally Identifiable Information; b) link your Personally Identifiable Information to the MAC address and your location, as offered by the device with which you access the Internet and/or our WiFi service; and, c) use your Personally Identifiable Information in such other ways which accord with the terms and conditions herein set forth.
- What Information We May Collect
GoZone WiFi collects information when you visit our websites or communicate with us. In addition, we collect information if you pass by, enter or connect to a WiFi network that uses one or more of our platforms.
GoZone WiFi may collect both information from several categories:
- Personal Data supplied by you
- Your name
- Email address
- Mobile or other telephone number
- Social profile URL
- Other data supplied by you as part of a form or email
- Device Data
- MAC address
- Device type
- Browser Type
- IP Address
- Connection Speed
- Time online/offline
- In range/out of range
- Public Social Data
- Social profile name
- Social profile picture
- Any other public profile information
- Usage Data
- Bytes downloaded/uploaded
- Session times
- Session speeds
- We DO NOT collect or track websites visited although the WiFi network equipment that you may attach to at a venue MAY collect that information
- Webpage visits (only where WE own or control the websites)
- Billing / CRM Data (for our clients or prospects)
- Client Name
- Relevant contact names
- Relevant contact information
- Relevant billing information
- Usage records for billing purposes
- Email and weblogs to track CRM activity
- IP Address when you login to our billing or support sites
We may use the personally identifiable information that you provide to us in the following ways:
- To respond to your requests.
- To contact you with information that might be of interest to you, for analytical and research purposes.
- To contact you on behalf of one of our Clients for Advertising purposes.
- To develop and improve our programs, services, and content.
- To protect our rights or property.
- To protect an individual’s health, safety, or welfare.
- To comply with a law or regulation, court order, or other legal process.
- Personal Data supplied by you
- How Your Information is Shared
GoZone WiFi may disclose your information in the following contexts:
Our Client’s Request
At the request of a client, we may also make additional disclosures of information we hold for that client. As an example, your information may be shared with 3rd party systems such as a CRM, point of sale system or marketing platform. Any third-party systems are subject to their own privacy policies and are not in our control.
Consent or Legal Permission
GoZone WiFi will only disclose your personal information to third parties with your consent. We may obtain your consent in writing or online through “click-through” agreements. You grant consent if you supply any personal information upon Connection or if it was received by a social platform that you’ve authorized to share your data.
Our Service Providers
GoZone WiFi may access, monitor, use, or disclose your personally identifiable information or communications with us to comply with the law (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena, or court order); to respond to emergencies; to enforce an agreement with you; to protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of our agents, vendors, service providers, members, and customers; or in the case of a corporate sale, merger, dissolution, or acquisition.
Some of the information that GoZone WiFi collects is non-personally identifiable that cannot be directly used to identify or reasonably used to identify an individual. Similarly, GoZone WiFi may take steps to anonymize or aggregate personal information in order to create non-personally identifiable information. This Privacy Statement does not restrict the disclosure to third parties of non-personally identifiable information.
- Data Protection
The security of your information is important to GoZone WiFi. Therefore, GoZone WiFi follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the security and confidentiality of your information while it is under our control. We maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect against the loss, misuse, and unauthorized access of your information. To the extent that GoZone shares information with other companies performing services on our behalf, we may make sure that those companies have adequate security safeguards in place consistent with this Policy.
Access to the information held by any of our systems is limited to authorized personnel who have a legitimate need to know based on their job descriptions, for example, employees who provide technical support to clients, end users, or who service user accounts. In the case of third-party contractors who process information on our behalf, similar requirements are imposed. These third parties are contractually bound by confidentiality clauses, even when they leave. Where an individual employee no longer requires access, that individual’s credentials are revoked.
- Consumer Controls and Protection
If you do not want us to collect any additional information, close this browser window, disconnect from the GoZone WiFi powered network and disable any WiFi-enabled devices if you’re in a GoZone WiFi powered Hotspot.
You can manage cookie settings by using tools available on most Internet browsers. Instructions for popular browsers are here:
Depending upon which web browser you use, you may be able to adjust your settings to reject or delete cookies. However, choosing to reject cookies may result in the loss of some functionality of our website(s).
Updates to this Policy
If you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail communication from GoZone WiFi, you may e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, most of our email distributions contain an “unsubscribe” link. If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or the practices of GoZone WiFi, you may contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
GoZone WiFi LLC
PO Box 12275
St. Petersburg, FL 33733
Effective date: December 30, 2019